Sparks hire Jim Lewis as assistant
- Fever top Silver Stars to open WNBA title defense
- Shock-Dream Preview
- Liberty-Sun Preview
- WNBA Preview Capsules
- Tulsa makes final cut, waiving Courtney Paris
- Steady and sure, Silver Stars slide into new year
- Sky is the limit for Chicago, Delle Donne
- Lynx hungry after WNBA finals loss
- Laimbeer, new-look Liberty ready for a fresh start
- Strong offseason raises the bar for Tulsa Shock
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired Jim Lewis as an assistant, completing the staff that will work under new head coach Carol Ross.
Lewis served as an assistant on the women's team at George Mason University this season. He previously was the program's head coach for 14 seasons and worked on the staff of four U.S. national teams in the 1990s. Lewis was either a head coach or assistant with Washington, Minnesota and Indiana of the WNBA.
The Sparks say Sandy Brondello will return for a second season as an assistant.
The Sparks open the season May 18 at Seattle.
Updated March 13, 2012