Shock sign 6-foot-5 center Chanel Mokango
- Thompson helps Storm beat Mystics 96-86 in OT
- Fever guard to miss several weeks with back injury
- Lynx-Mercury Preview
- Nyet! Russia fails to qualify for women's worlds
- Correction: Sky-Dream story
- Taurasi helps Mercury beat Shock 108-103 in OT
- Thompson, Little carry Storm past Sun
- Streaking Mystics down slumping Fever 64-60
- Ogwumike scores 16, Sparks rout Silver Stars 84-48
- NY's Katie Smith moves to 2nd on WNBA points list
TULSA, Okla. (AP) Free agent center Chanel Mokango has signed with the Tulsa Shock.
Mokango was the ninth overall pick of the 2010 draft and appeared in 21 games for the Los Angeles Sparks that year. She totaled nine points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocks on the season.
She did not play in the WNBA last season.
New Tulsa coach Gary Kloppenburg said in the team's announcement Monday that he envisions the 6-foot-5 Mokango developing into a version of the Oklahoma City Thunder's Serge Ibaka, who leads the NBA in blocked shots.
Mokango played two seasons at Mississippi State.
Updated March 5, 2012