|NCAA Women's Basketball|
EMU women's basketball coach resigns
- Whitaker begins new role as Texas Tech coach
- UConn trio headline U19 World Championship team
- US women's hoops team chosen for WUG
- Klein, Cheek on McGuff's Ohio State women's staff
- Belmont hires Louisville assistant coach Newbauer
- Texas Tech hires former Lady Raider Whitaker
- Basketball Australia hires Joyce as women's coach
- Tennessee plans to honor Summitt with sculpture
- Alabama hires Curry as women's basketball coach
- Texas Tech coach Kristy Curry going to Alabama
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) Eastern Michigan coach AnnMarie Gilbert has resigned.
The school announced her departure Thursday, saying it is effective Friday.
Gilbert went 94-64 after joining Eastern Michigan in 2007-08, including a trip to the NCAA tournament this year.
Athletic director Derrick Gragg says a search for a new coach begins immediately. Before coming to Eastern Michigan, Gilbert spent five years as an assistant at Michigan State and was the head coach at Oberlin for eight years.
An NCAA investigation into the women's basketball program at EMU is ongoing. In 2010, the school self-reported violations tied to practice and recruiting.
Updated April 5, 2012