Stuart Broad out for 3 weeks, delays IPL debut
- Pietersen, Anderson, Swann to miss ODIs
- Coach says Johnson can bowl quicker
- Bailey warns against complacency
- New Zealand aim to find winning touch
- Back-to-back losses put pressure on Cook
- Australia win 2nd Ashes test by 218 runs
- Johnson, Stokes cleared of misconduct
- Gilchrist to join ICC Hall of Fame
- Australia within four wickets of victory
- South Africa beat India by 134 runs
LONDON (AP) England fast bowler Stuart Broad is out for the next three weeks while he recovers from a right calf strain, delaying his debut for Kings XI Punjab in the Indian Premier League.
Broad was hurt in England's loss to Sri Lanka in the first test in Galle last month, forcing him to miss the second and final match of the series.
The England and Wales Cricket Board says Broad "will be assessed regularly over the coming weeks with a view to returning to cricket with (English county side) Nottinghamshire in early May."
Broad had been scheduled to link up with Kings XI Punjab after the Sri Lanka tour.
England isn't in action again until the three-test home series against West Indies begins on May 17.
Updated April 10, 2012