Stuart Broad out for 3 weeks, delays IPL debut
- Root century lifts England to 337-7
- First day of Headingley test washed out
- Top Chennai official arrested
- NZ choose all-pace attack in 2nd test
- England eye sweep of short test series
- ICC cut Rauf from Championship Trophy
- Clarke confident ahead of Ashes series
- Sreesanth denies IPL spot-fixing
- Warner fined for Twitter outburst
- Vettori set for New Zealand recall
LONDON (AP) England fast bowler Stuart Broad is out for the next three weeks while he recovers from a right calf strain, delaying his debut for Kings XI Punjab in the Indian Premier League.
Broad was hurt in England's loss to Sri Lanka in the first test in Galle last month, forcing him to miss the second and final match of the series.
The England and Wales Cricket Board says Broad "will be assessed regularly over the coming weeks with a view to returning to cricket with (English county side) Nottinghamshire in early May."
Broad had been scheduled to link up with Kings XI Punjab after the Sri Lanka tour.
England isn't in action again until the three-test home series against West Indies begins on May 17.
Updated April 10, 2012