Martin leaving Kentucky for Southern California
- Kansas lands Miami of Ohio WR Harwell
- Oregon releases notice of allegations
- Spanier wants criminal charges dismissed
- 2 Sooners coaches lose homes in tornado
- WR McCartney returns to West Virginia
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) Wide receivers coach Tee Martin is leaving Kentucky to take a similar position at Southern California.
Kentucky coach Joker Phillips says in a statement that he wishes Martin well and appreciates the contributions Martin made over the last two years. Martin informed Phillips late Wednesday night he was accepting the job on Lane Kiffin's staff.
Martin was picked as one of the top 25 recruiters in the nation by Rivals.com in 2011.
Martin led Tennessee to the 1998 national championship and was drafted in the fifth round by Pittsburgh in 2000. He spent three years in the NFL and two more in the Canadian Football League before turning to coaching in 2006.
Updated February 16, 2012